Course Code : IR391
Time Hours : Semester 3, 6h (course) + 12h (Labs) = 18h
Time Periods : not available yet
- Thierry Raedersdorff, Systems and Networking Engineer, Thierry.Raedersdorff[at]parisdescartes.fr
- Olivier Waldek, Assistant Professor, olivier.waldek[at]parisdescartes.fr
Interconnecting IP networks using switches and routers is today a demanding and complex task. Consequently, this course will introduce network administration, supervision, monitoring and management with a practical approach. The course will describe Cisco IOS configuration at different levels : simple/advanced, IP routing, VLAN, network supervision. The students will apply several network admistration softwares and tools used by professionnals, such as CISCO IOS packetTracer, VMware, Nagios).
Part 1 : Advanced Network Management
- Interconnecting local area networks with CISCO IOS (VLAN, Routing)
- Network Simulation with Cisco PacketTracer
Part 2 : Network and Service availability Techniques – Network and service Virtualization with VMWARE ESX
Part 3 : Network Monitoring and Supervision
- SNMP protocol analyzis and tools (iperf, MRTG, SNMP, SSH, MIB, etc …)
- Remote Network and Service Supervision with Nagios/Centreon/Cactis.