Course Code : IA345
Time Hours : 18 hours
Time Periods : not available yet
- Blaise Hanczar, Assistant Professor, blaise.hanczar[at]parisdescartes.fr
- François-Xavier Jollois, Assistant Professor, francois-xavier.jollois[at]parisdescartes.fr
- Nicoleta Rogovski, Assistant Professor, Nicoleta.Rogovschi[at]parisdescartes.fr
The aim of this course is to address real problems with the various tools described in other courses and with particular attention for large and high-dimensional data sets. Several software such as R, SAS will be used. Performance and comparisons of methods commonly used in data mining will be studied.
- Text mining
- Web usage mining
- Recommendation systems
- The Elements of Statistical Learning : Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction. Trevor Hastie Robert Tibshirani Jerome Friedman. Springer (2009)
- FactoMineR : Factor Analysis and Data Mining. R, HUSSON F., JOSSE J., LE S., MAZET J., 2008, R package version 1.09.
- HAND D., MANNILA H., SMYTH P., Principles of Data Mining, The MIT Press, New York, 2001.